Bridge programs cannot run without sufficient funding and should be able to self-sustain. Students will require stipends and health benefits comparable to those offered to graduate students.
- Secure funds from your college/institution.
- Contact your university’s development office and follow up to solicit sponsors.
- Advertise the program within your department, college, and institution.
- Encourage faculty to pursue external funding.
- Partner with funded research “Centers” on campus to help them carry out their “Broader Impacts” mission by including bridge students as a component of their activities.